WHAT ARE THE COOKIES?
Also known as browser cookies or tracking cookies, cookies are small, often encrypted text files, located in browser directories. They are used by web developers to help users navigate their websites efficiently and perform certain functions. Due to their core role of enhancing/enabling usability or site processes, disabling cookies may prevent users from using certain websites.
Cookies are created when a user’s browser loads a particular website. The website sends information to the browser which then creates a text file. Every time the user goes back to the same website, the browser retrieves and sends this file to the website’s server. Computer Cookies are created not just by the website the user is browsing but also by other websites that run ads, widgets, or other elements on the page being loaded. These cookies regulate how the ads appear or how the widgets and other elements function on the page.
COOKIES USES IN THIS WEB SITE
This website uses the following proprietary cookies:
- Session Cookies are also used by the server to store information about user page activities so users can easily pick up where they left off on the server’s pages. By default, web pages really don’t have any ‘memory’. Cookies tell the server what pages to show the user so the user doesn’t have to remember or start navigating the site all over again. Cookies act as a sort of “bookmark” within the site. Similarly, cookies can store ordering information needed to make shopping carts work instead of forcing the user to remember all the items the user put in the shopping cart.
This website uses the following third-party cookies:
- Google Analytics: Stores cookies to be able to elaborate statistics on the traffic and volume of visits of this web. By using this website you are consenting to the processing of information about you by Google. Therefore, the exercise of any right in this regard must do so by communicating directly with Google.
- Social networks: Each social network uses its own cookies so that you can click on Like or Share buttons.
BLOCK OR DELETE ALL COOKIES
At any time you may exercise your right to block or delete cookies from this website. For more information on Cookies and their management here you find a quick guide.
COOKIE SECURITY AND PRIVACY ISSUES
- Cookies are NOT viruses. Cookies use a plain text format. They are not compiled pieces of code so they cannot be executed nor are they self-executing. Accordingly, they cannot make copies of themselves and spread to other networks to execute and replicate again. Since they cannot perform these functions, they fall outside the standard virus definition.
- Cookies CAN be used for malicious purposes though. Since they store information about a user’s browsing preferences and history, both on a specific site and browsing among several sites, cookies can be used to act as a form of spyware. Many anti-spyware products are well aware of this problem and routinely flag cookies as candidates for deletion after standard virus and/or spyware scans.
- In the case of Google Analytics cookies, this company stores cookies on servers located in the United States and agrees not to share with third parties, except in cases where it is necessary for the operation of the system or when the law requires Such effect. According to Google does not save your IP address. Google Inc. is a company adhering to the Safe Harbor Agreement that guarantees that all data transferred will be treated with a level of protection in accordance with European regulations. Detailed information can be found on this link. If you want information about the use that Google gives to cookies, we enclose this other link.